Saturday 24 November 2007

Nightime field

Tonight they finally got me back on the field through the back gate. I haven't been there since the noisy flashy things started as, although they don't happen much now, you never know. So I've been making it clear that while I was happy to go anywhere else for a walk, the field was a no-no. Well, tonight they dragged me out there; yes, dragged! The humiliation. They were very kind in their own way about it but it was still a definite drag. I felt like a pup again although I can't remember much about my Mum, bless her cotton socks, ever doing that to me.
I'll give them this though - they were right to make me go out there. Once we were there, I remembered about the cat I usually manage to track down by the fence so forgot about any nasties and was off like a rat out of a drainpipe. That's that hurdle over with
Those two odd characters with the big dog were over there again. I'm glad the she boss kept me close to her. I don't feel quite safe with them hanging around. They must have been frozen and their dog never seems to get a walk anywhere further than their garden gate. Very strange. I think the she and he boss are a bit wary too. I'm not sure I'd be able to protect them either as it is a very big dog.

No comments: