Saturday 6 June 2009

Holiday at last


I was right and we've had a lovely time even if it was short. We went back to one of our favourite places. I think it was the first place the she boss took just her and me for a holiday. We had loooonnngg walks as Her Guest or should that be Hergest? Something to do with the queen anyway. If it's good enough for her, it's certainly good enough for me. I don't look as happy as I really was on the photo by the tent but we have to have one of that to prove things.
I tell you what, me and the she boss are either both getting older or not as fit as we were when we went there 2 years ago. I wasn't running up the hills like I used to. See on that photo? I'm lagging way behind the she boss even. Mind you, I am nearly old enough to get my pension now.

We saw loads of the woolly white silly sheep running around on the hills so I couldn't do loads of running. On one hill, we saw a dog having a ride on the back of some noisy motorbikey thing with 4 wheels and then saw him jump off down the hill and round all the sheep up. I was very impressed how quickly he did it. We had a bird's eye view from our hill. But not a skylark cos they all go just too high.
Talking of birds, we stopped for some lunch and could hear 2 birds making a right racket. We could see a hole in the tree and hear squeaks so guessed there were some babies. Eventually we saw mum and dad and they were some very handsome spotty woodpeckers. Once we knew who they were, we left them to get on with it before the babies strangled themselves squeaking.
We heard a cuckoo cuckooing too. Just when the she boss had been thinking there weren't any around this year. The thing is, when the babies are big enough to fly away from their pretend parents, do they have to find their own way to south countries for the winter or does someone take them?
Last night, there was another dog on our field and his he and she boss wouldn't let him in their flappy house with them so he was howling in the car. I felt very sad and upset for him as he was very unhappy. I did ask the she boss but she said 1 dog in a flappy house was enough for anyone.
In the night and today it rained loads so we went home. I would have helped the she boss take our wet tent down but she shut me in the car in the dry. She got very soggy.
I hope we manage more holidays soon

No comments: