Saturday 23 August 2008

Wet camping

This is the weather today .......







This was the weather for the rest of the week while I've been away in the flappy house with the she boss ...........



I thought she was having a laugh when she got me in the car with all the stuff and especially when we just did little journeys dropping things off to start with and then came home again. It turned out she'd forgotten my lead. I suppose that was really my fault cos I'd snuck in the car without my outdoor wear on while she was packing just in case she was thinking of leaving me behind.
We went first to the place where we met the nice lady Claire last year but there were no flappy houses there! Something to do with all the rain we were having so we had to find somewhere else. It was not a bad place and we got visited by lots of rabbits, ducks and little creatures which was quite exciting. I'm with the she boss when she says we don't mind any of them just so long as they don't expect a share of our food or bed.

We did lots of exploring. We wanted to go back up that big hill about the Kind Scouts but we couldn't see it any of the days with all that rain. When we were exploring on the first night we met a cat. He had a bit of an identity crisis and thought he was really a BIG cat I reckon because he attacked me!! Of all the cheek. The she boss had to shoo him off because he kept taking a run at me from behind just when I was minding my own business. I never met one like that before.
We'd only just got used to our home for 2 nights when we had to move. Completely. To a new place quite a way away. On the day the sun was shining as well when we could have gone for a proper walk (not that we could see the Kind Scout still). I was a bit fed up with it all by then even though there were ducks again. There were also lots of noisy children. Not that they got in the way. But you never know. The friend Peter came to see us at tea time and that cheered me up. I felt much better then although I still slept snuggled up to the she boss that night just in case she was thinking of moving again.
We managed a really long walk over the hills eventually. It started off sunny but then there were things called stair rods coming out of the sky along with that nasty rumbly noise that I hate. Talk about scared all the way up there. This is the hill that it was sort of sunny on:

We do like hills though. It seems like lots of other people do too cos we always see someone up there.
It was sunny on the day we had to come home but not enough to dry up all the mud so the flappy tent is out in the garden now. At least we know it works and were very cosy in there listening to the pattering. Some people looked very wet to me. This last picture was me waiting for my food one day. I think I was even dribbling. I must have been very hungry. I thought I was quite a handsome dog until I saw this picture. I've got some strange proportions haven't I? I blame the parents
When the she boss was packing up we saw the most ridiculous sight. Some big fancy dog came poncing along in a rain coat and galoshes!! No joke. His she boss had put him in a coat that covered everything except his face and his bum! I know it was muddy but we had our own ways of dealing with that. You wouldn't catch me allowing that one.
The she boss was a bit excited cos we saw one of those really blue birds along the river on our last walk. I heard her telling our nice neighbours and they said they see them all the time where they live. That put her in her place.
I was very glad to be home again although it was nice being outside all the time again and we slept VERY well

No comments: